Around the clock emergency care.
Choose UT Health Henderson emergency department for around the clock, every day of the year, our team stands ready to provide the highest level of care for your emergency -- big or small. Our extra training to become a Level IV trauma center helps make this possible- as does our desire to provide excellent care in the area..
Elements of a Level IV trauma center.
We’re a certified Level IV trauma center by the state of Texas because of our ability to deliver advanced trauma life support (ATLS). This includes rapid evaluation, stabilization and diagnostic capabilities for sick and injured patients, along with the ability to stabilize and transfer to a higher level of trauma care, if necessary.
At UT Health Henderson emergency room, all elements are in place to treat your emergency including
- Level III stoke support facility designated by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Emergency room nurses with Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) and Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) so patients can receive immediate and appropriate care
- Diagnostic services featuring x-ray, ultrasound, CT with iDose radiation reduction and other imaging modalities when needed
- Laboratory services on-site
- Private treatment rooms
- The ability to monitor and stabilize heart attack and stroke patients
- Transfer to UT Health Tyler Level 1 trauma center, if higher level of care is needed.
What to expect at the emergency department.
A specially trained triage nurse will assess you and determine the severity of your condition and in what order you will be treated. Patients who are critically ill or seriously injured are treated first, regardless of their time of arrival. Some patients may bypass the triage process. In these circumstances we appreciate your cooperation.
UT Health East Texas EMS and AIR 1 answering the call.
When an emergency happens and seconds count, the men and women of UT Health East Texas EMS and AIR 1 answer the call. Each ambulance and emergency helicopter features Pulsara, an advanced mobile communication technology to track heart and stroke patients in real time before, during and after arrival at the emergency room. Every second saved during an emergency, improves the likelihood of a life saved.