The emergency department at UT Health Henderson is designated as a Level IV trauma center by the state of Texas because of its ability to provide advanced trauma life support (ATLS). This includes evaluation, stabilization and diagnostic capabilities for sick and injured patients, along with the ability to stabilize and then transfer them to a higher level of trauma care, if necessary.
At UT Health Henderson, all elements are in place to treat your emergency whether major or minor including:
- physicians and nurses with advanced life support training, so that patients can receive immediate and appropriate care
- Level III stroke support facility designation by the state of Texas
- private treatment rooms
- laboratory services on-site
- diagnostic services featuring X-ray, ultrasound, Holter monitor ECG, nuclear medicine, 64-slice CT with iDose radiation reduction software and digital MRI
- splinting cart for broken bones
- transfer to a higher level of care, such as the UT Health Level I Trauma Center in Tyler, if needed
For more information, call 903-655-3912.