The UT Health Henderson Family Birthplace
Our OB/GYNs and nurses offer extraordinary support for mothers and newborns. Our policy of continuous care ensures your labor and delivery experience is as smooth and comfortable as possible. The same nurse often stays with you throughout delivery and recovery.
Our birthing center offers:
- Three labor/delivery/recovery rooms
- 11 antepartum and postpartum rooms
- Specialized cesarean section surgery and recovery rooms
- Advanced monitoring equipment
- Infant security systems
- Level I nursery
- Anesthesia providers available for pain relief during labor
- Prenatal classes
- Language access services or interpreters
Plan a tour
If you’re in the process of deciding where to have your baby, we invite you to arrange a tour. If you’ve decided to deliver at the UT Health Family Birthplace in Henderson, we encourage you begin the preregistration process.
Call 903-655-3915 to learn more.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Now open at UT Health Tyler!
In the event your baby is born prematurely or needs special care, our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is now available at our hospital in Tyler.
In the NICU, skilled medical and nursing staff care for infants age 32 weeks or greater. Our board-certified neonatologists lead a specialized team of nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, dietitians, social workers and other caregivers in providing the best care available for your baby.
Amenities include the following:
- Nine-bed NICU
- 24/7 neonatologist coverage and consults
- NICU-specialized respiratory therapists
- Case management and social services
- Neonatal nutrition care and dietary counseling
- Developmental care and specialty therapy services
- Lactation consultant
- Pediatric specialty consultation services
- Three private rooms
- Overnight transition room
If you have questions about our NICU, call 903-535-6911.